According to the American Chiropractic Association (ACA):
- Thirty-one million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time.
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for absenteeism at work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
- Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain—and that’s just for the more easily identifiable costs.
- Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.
As you can see, if you are experiencing back pain, you’re not alone! The human back is complicated. It’s a working structure of bones, joints, ligaments and muscles. When you irritate joints, strain muscles, rupture disks or sprain ligaments, all of these can lead to back pain. Even the simplest movement, like bending over to pick up something, can cause painful results. Other factors, such as poor posture, obesity, arthritis, and stress, as well as disease of the internal organs, such as kidney infections or bone loss, can cause back pain as well.
We specialize in an adjustment called Atlas Orthogonal.
How does this unique method differ from general chiropractic care?
One of the most obvious differences is the gentle, painless way in which an atlas orthogonist works. No manipula tion (twisting or cracking) is ever employed or needed. Because of the precise X-ray analysis, a correction can be made without any forceful jerking or twisting movements. The atlas orthogonist’s methods require such light touches to the affected area,that patients who may expect a forceful manipulation as part of their treatment, find it hard to believe that anything effective has been accomplished. Fortunately, their doubts and fears vanish as quickly as their pain and discomfort.
At Holistic Integration, we can help relieve your back pain safe, effectively and pain-free with chiropractic care. Schedule an appointment today, so we can talk with you about the pain and other warning signs you might be experiencing. The Doctor will take the time to get to know you and your symptoms and make a proper diagnosis. In addition, we can answer any questions, such as maintaining a healthy diet, proper exercise, practicing good posture and sleeping habits when it comes to ways to reduce your back pain. Contact us today!