What is the answer to the chronic pain patients’ dilemma?
- 50 million Americans live with chronic pain.
- America loses 630 billion annually to chronic pain.
- Pain is the leading cause of long term disability in the US.
- Lower back pain affects 80% of Americans.
- 34.6% of pain patients consider suicide.
- 40% of all back surgeries fail. But, even those that are successful usually leave patients worse off after 5 years than if they had never had the surgery.
- Opioids have been proven to only be beneficial for acute or end of life pain treatments. They will even make pain worse over time.
The new recommendations for pain are to first seek relief through hands-on treatments such as chiropractic care, acupuncture, therapeutic massage, rehabilitative exercises, trigger point therapy, lifestyle changes. Along with these therapies we also offer dietary changes, nutritional supplementation, herbals with anti-inflammatory properties, and homeopathies that are safe and natural. We also refer and work with some of the best pain clinics in our area. That way, patients can get the best of both allopathic and structure-function care.